Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Andrew's 11th Birthday







It is hard to believe that my baby is now eleven years old. Where has the time gone? My parents would always tell me that as you get older the time passes by fast, I see that now. Josh and I always try to reflect on when the kids where small but it seems that it's getting harder to remember them as babies. I don't know if it's from having more than one child or if we have so many new memories added everyday that those get filed away somewhere in the back of our minds. It does seem like it was only yesterday that he was a baby and I couldn't imagine him being anything but. As a mom, when you have a child you like to see them reach certain milestones. You always say, I can't wait until they sleep through the night, I can't wait until they can talk and tell what they want, I can't wait until they crawl, walk, are potty trained, go to school. I find my sweet Innocent baby boy in middle school!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE! But as a mother you also know that, if all goes well, one day they will grow up and become the strong christian adult that you have raised them to be. When I think back on him being a baby it makes me cry, time has gotten away from me and there are so many things that I wanted to do with him that are now "totally uncool" to do.




Andrew is a very good child and is every parents' dream child. He lead the closing prayer at our church on Sunday night and it brought tears to my eyes how many people told me how good a child he is. I guess it just shocks me sometimes to know that he is mine. At Sardis Lake Christian Camp last summer he got baptized. That of course filled my heart with joy, but the best part was how many people there, complete strangers only days before, loved and cared about him. He has that way about him, he can just warm your heart.




I've been told that the next few years he may disappoint me. That those years are hard on kids, so I'm taking a moment to put these thoughts down. So, when I'm ready to lock him in his room for good I can go back and see that he IS a great child.

No comments:

Post a Comment